Marmaris is located in a closed bay, which provides mild and warm climatic conditions in winter and protects from the sweltering heat in summer. It is pleasant and calm to swim with small children in the quiet sea with a sandy bottom. There are dozens of attractions in the resort that deserve attention.
Here is what we recommend to see in Marmaris in the first place:
- City embankment. It's great to walk, run, ride a bike or rollerblades on it. All the way you will be accompanied by a wonderful view of the sea, mountains and large cruise liners of the seaport. The waterfront is home to the finest restaurants, clubs and bars.
- Sea harbor or netsel marina. It can accommodate up to 750 ships at a time. From here you can go on a group Mediterranean cruise or rent a private yacht. The mysterious castle of Marmaris and the archaeological museum on its territory.
- A fountain that sings and dances. The extravaganza of color music in water jets captivates the eyes in the evening.
- Bar Street is the funnest street in the resort. All entertainment venues are located here, each of which has its own program for the evening.
- The amphitheater, which has not only been preserved in excellent condition to this day, but still functions as a venue for symphony concerts.
- The Grand Bazaar is a closed area market where absolutely everything is sold. It includes 4 thousand shops, as well as cafes, ateliers and workshops.
- Nimara Cave is a large grotto on a paradise island in the vicinity of the resort, you need to walk to it, 400 m along a path that passes by the rocks. According to legend, the Greek nymph Leto lived in this grotto.
- Sedir Island, which adorns the Gokova Bay. Here you can relax on Cleopatra beach.
- Icmeler Beach is a bay surrounded by forest slopes and picturesque citrus orchards. It is distinguished by very clear water, clean air, and excellent visibility at sea.
This place will be interesting for everyone who loves diving and snorkeling. There are dozens of other sights to see in Marmaris. Some of them can be found on the main page of our site.